Monday, January 9, 2012

A new year and a new beginning

I'm furiously dyeing, sewing and embellishing these days - trying to get three pieces ready for a show at the Radius Gallery in San Antonio - with 11 friends!  We're all finishing up our master class with Jane Dunnewold and this (we hope) will be the first of many group shows.  We've met in San Antonio every 6 months for 2.5 years, learning lots of fiber techniques, making tons of tools for our fiber toy box and expanding our imagery to incorporate into our pieces.

 We have been encouraged by Jane and also I have read other artists who encourage working in a series - gives you space to develop a concept, nurture it, expand it, destroy it (well, maybe not that!) and recreate.  I'm sticking to my trusty square - the possibilities are endless and I never seem to get bored thinking about ways to manipulate a square.

Within the next four weeks, I'll be posting pics of the current series and I would welcome your thoughts and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment