Saturday, June 25, 2011

When is it time to show your fiber?

After encouragement from studio friends, I entered a juried show.  I was thrilled to have 3 of my pieces accepted.  Later I learned that one of the pieces had sold and my immediate reaction was - OMG, it's not coming back home with me .... then - OMG, I didn't price it high enough!  I really was so overwhelmed that I received some recognition for my work.  It took a few weeks to get over this roller-coaster effect and I decided to go to the museum yesterday to see it one last time and say goodbye.  What??? No red dot??  Checking with the staff confirmed it had in fact not been sold.  Back on the roller-coaster for a return trip - why did they change their mind?  Did I price it too high?

I'm sure you've experienced these emotions!  Maybe you've asked yourself these same questions about price, possibly envisioning new equipment or materials for your studio (I spent the money 5 times over in my head!).

One really positive thing that occurred  as a result of this adventure is I have renewed energy to work harder, keep going, showing up at the studio, letting it happen, being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment